So, as I’ve mentioned, I’m going home to FL tomorrow to do wedding stuff, try on my wedding dress AND go to Universal Studios.
Usually, my trips home mean “eat all the things” - and I do mean ALL. Because I don’t get my hometown favorites more than 4x a year, I have a tendency to gorge on everything while i have the opportunity.
And in my mind, this trip will be no different.
HOWEVER - I want to be able to come back from this weekend without having gained 15lbs (or any pounds, that would be nice), so I’m stuck about what to do.
I know it’ll be a crazy quick trip, with vendor meetings and everything, but I’m still going to bring my workout stuff. There is a really great running trail near my mom’s house that I’m hoping to become reacquainted with.
But here’s where you guys come in…
How do I ensure that my trip home will be a healthy success without completely depriving myself? Is it possible?
- maryfreakingsunshine answered: Keep your goal in mind. Have bites of your friends food, but keep yours clean. Or compromise. Get that burger but protein style with salad.
- runfrostyrun answered: I say don’t do it. Packed lunches and clean groceries. You’ll have plenty of time post-wedding to indulge once again! You’re doing SO great!!
- runningbigjoe likes this
- happilyconfused likes this
- muscleforthought likes this
- beneathyourskin said: Small portions (split an old favorite with someone) and don’t add food/places to the day’s menu ‘just because’.. no 9pm 4th meal just because you passed an old favorite joint.
- katebikerun likes this
- l-8-10 said: Cont. - Make a list of the things you want to indulge in while home. Then, allow yourself to eat those things ONCE. The rest of the time, stick to healthy eating.
- lizshealthylife answered: ME TOO! only eat the things you REALLY want and split with someone else when you can! even a quick workout is better than nothing!
- l-8-10 answered: I know this feel, bro. I get to go home once a year. I feel the need to eat everything… I think you just need to plan for the indulgences.
- vigorandcupcakes said: Pack snacks, healthy options, or eat your treats and schedule in gym time? I’m all for vacation foods but you should try to balance it out if you can.
- squats2summer answered: have small portions of the things you want to eat and just drink loads of water and remember to exercise! it’s only one trip home!
- nourriture-et-fleurs posted this